Thursday, January 11, 2007

June and Adam's wedding

Oh boy am I buzzin'!!!! The first wedding of the year, and boy boy boy, the rest of the years' weddings have a lot to live up to!

What do I like when photographing a wedding?

- Beautiful and different venue
- Funky, modern couple up for anything photographically!
- A relaxed wedding, where guests enjoy themselves and have fun, and the couple really "get into" the day.

Well, for today's wedding, I always KNEW it was going to be a fun, different and relaxed wedding and I DEFINATELY got a couple who were up for anything photographically, and who REALLY got into it!

I have known about Arnot Tower Gardens for several years now, after meeting Helen the owner at an Edinburgh wedding fayre. At that time, Helen was just starting up in the wedding industry building a beautiful wedding venue around her own home. She offered to show me around the venue but I have never yet had a chance to visit ATG.

Well that was until yesterday when I had the recce for June and Adam's wedding. June and Adam are a couple who I have corresponded with for a while now and they sound like a fun couple from the their emails.

Yesterday was the first time I met them and the first time I had finally got to ATG. Wow on both parts! June and Adam are just that "special couple" that I have always wanted, and ATG is just amazing!! It's just SO not what I thought it would be, and I know that in the summertime it will be even more beautiful when in bloom. But even in winter, it is stunning; Helen has made a really intimate classy venue and it is no wonder that it was "VOWS" Wedding Venue of the Year last year.

The weather was fab for the recce, but typically for the actual wedding day, we had typical Scottish wet and windy weather, meaning that the ceremony itself had to be brought indoors to the lovely red drawing room.

Adam looked amazing dapper in his top hat and tails, so unusual for me as I normally get kilts at weddings!


















June just looked stunning her dress, veil and flowerband, and her bouquet was just SSSSSSTUNNING!!













The ceremony was very romantic and the surprise for June was one of her guests and a surprise violinist did 2 songs during the ceremony for her and Adam. EVERYONE was in tears, including me!!!

After canapes, toasts and lots of fun and hilarity with their small party, the newlyweds braved the icy cold to get some amazing night shots!! Arnot Towers is all lit up at night, just screams for cool funky photos!













The castle ruins look sooo funky at night, all lit up!


I have JUST so many great photos from this wedding, I cannot WAIT to get the finished slideshow to June and Adam for their reception in Seattle at the end of the month.

I hope you guys enjoy Loch Ness this weekend and you have a safe journey home, after London this weekend I will be sitting working on these fab photos!

No comments:

Nikki McLeod Photography

Nikki McLeod Photography
tel 01383 821498