Monday, August 18, 2008

Gillian & Peter's "Bling" session

Gillian and Peter are getting married this weekend, I will be on the Red Bull by the time it comes to their wedding, as their's is the THIRD wedding I will shoot this weekend..........

I met up with the couple last month when we recce'ed their venue, which was......... interesting; horizontal rain, gales and winds, and we were on a boat in the Forth!! Because of the terrible weather, the "Bling" session Gillian and Peter booked me to do on the same day had to be postponed - photographing drowned rats was just not on!

As they both live in Yorkshire, meeting up again before the wedding was always going to be difficult, until they realised that I would be back in the country when they were travelling up to Northumberland for a friend's wedding. So they commissioned me to travel down to the beautiful Alnmouth for images on the Northumberland coastline, and this time we were far luckier with the weather!

My favourite image of the day.....The Alnmouth area was absolutely gorgeous, and we all enjoyed a walk along the golden sands.
What was different about this session, is I had a little assistant with me.....my 3 year old son, Jack! While we were away on holiday in Canada, I let him run loose with my smaller back up camera, and I was gobsmacked by some of the images he was coming out with. So at this session I let him have a little shot and he did not bad at all! I have still to download his images but when I do, I will be blogging "Jack's Portfolio"! Nothing like starting them early huh?!He had a blast on the beach as well; he introduced himself to some people who were digging holes in the sand and within minutes he was down to his bare feet!He also took a total shine to Gillian!
Thought I don't think Peter was too chuffed about him muscling in on his gal! We all had a great laugh! And Jack sneaked in cuddles whenever he could!
But by the time we were back at Alnmouth train station, it was all getting too much for my young assistant.........

I am thoroughly looking forward to your wedding this weekend, guys; a triple header is not something I take on a lot; in fact in 8 years this is my first triple header. But having met you when you wanted to book and loved you both, and having wanted to shoot at your wedding venues for years, it was too good to turn down! Here's hoping there is no horizontal rain this time! ;-)

No comments:

Nikki McLeod Photography

Nikki McLeod Photography
tel 01383 821498