Sunday, February 06, 2011

Texas!

Having a little break from weddings just now; back to normal in a couple of days!

A couple of weeks ago, I had the great opportunity to go to Texas for a photography convention. I flew into Dallas first, amongst the crazy things I did there including an excellent Dallas Stars game, was a visit to Southfork Ranch - yes the original home of the tv series "Dallas"!

Those not born in the 70's and 80's or before might not know what I am on about, those that were will know exactly what I am on about!
It was interesting to hear all the stories of behind the scenes and seeing the actual ranch, which is much smaller than it looked on the tv when I was a teenager!
That infamous pool that they were always jumping in, apparently because it was always 100 degree heat when they were filming in the summer. It certainly wasn't that warm in January!
Dallas is a really cool city.


Dallas is where JFK was shot....

I moved onto San Antonio for a photography convention and the weather was better there!

No comments:

Nikki McLeod Photography

Nikki McLeod Photography
tel 01383 821498