Thursday, January 05, 2012

Chloe & Miriam's civil partnership, Lodge on Loch Goil - part one

HAPPY NEW YEAR! 
Yes I know it's now 2012 but I have to blog ALL my 2011 weddings still.... WHOOPS!!

And 2011 started off with a serious bang, with a first in 11 years for me.... my first civil partnership. I have been looking forward to photographing a civil partnership, particularly in Scotland; to me people in love are people in love, regardless of gender. And boy, what an amazing one to start off with!

I met Chloe and Miriam through Aliya Rose, a wonderful bridal shop in Cupar, run by Kirsty & Liz, who I have known for many years now and who have been very supportive of NMP.

Aliya Rose were holding a charity event for Breast Cancer Care, and I offered to come photograph the event, you can see the results of that day here. Miriam and Chloe came to choose their wedding dresses that day and it was SO lovely to see the joy in their faces when they found THE dresses!

I was really fortunate to have attracted their attention for their wedding photography, and I was over the moon to be chosen to photograph their big day. What a venue they picked..... the stunning Lodge on Loch Goil in the Highlands on a crisp February day, an intimate ceremony with very close family and friends.

This part of the country was new to me, and I fair enjoyed the travel to Lochgoilhead.  


The civil partnership was very personal, with vows written by the girls to each other.

The Lodge is seriously stunning, the bridal suite with it's mid-room rolltop bath luxury.  So nice to have TWO dresses to photograph!







And how about this for an appropriate and beautiful scene of the ceremony venue......... yes that is a treehouse they are about to get married in!!

1 comment:

Chloe said...

Eeeep! Just seeing the lovely pictures again makes me so happy. Clearly married life is making me such a sap.
Thank you again for doing an amazing job. We were super chuffed with the results.

Nikki McLeod Photography

Nikki McLeod Photography
tel 01383 821498