Sunday, November 05, 2006

Sarah and Andy's wedding

I had 2 weekends off from weddings, was it a break?! No not at all; portrait sessions, album designs, album orders, print orders!! I need a 6 month holiday at the moment as I feel I am meeting myself coming back! But with another 2 weddings for November still to come, and a last minute booking for December then a wedding in January before wedding fayres and seminars, it doesn't look like I will be getting much of a break!

But it was nice to get back into the swing of a wedding for Sarah and Andy's big day at Our Dynamic Earth in Edinburgh yesterday. This is a cool funky museum at the foot of Arthurs Seat right in the centre of Edinburgh so it offers all many aspects of city life as a background! One of them is the Scottish Parliament building which I had been given STRICT instructions NOT to have as a background in ANY of the shots! It made for a very difficult time for me, when we were outdoors as it is right beside DE but I think I did well!

Sarah had very sensibly worn a wool shawl over her lovely dress and Andy looked very dapper in his suit and again we were SO lucky with the weather! We were outside for bridal formals for going on to an hour and it was fantastic! Mind you Sarah and I did have red noses at the end of it and it is the first time I have heard a bride asking for a hot chocolate as her first married drink!

We had beautiful light and a funky building and a couple SO very much in love with each other, tears were shed a number of times over the day (and that included the photographer too!)

No comments:

Nikki McLeod Photography

Nikki McLeod Photography
tel 01383 821498