Monday, March 14, 2011

Scottish Wedding Directory Sponsored Photography Expert & Vintage style processing...............

This week, I am very honoured to be asked to be the first sponsored photography expert on The Scottish Wedding Directory's forum!

Of all the amazing scottish photographers around, they picked me! Wow! Looking forward to answering questions from brides about photography all week on this thread.

The good thing about this thread is that I also get to ask brides questions about wedding photography etc. So here is my first question.

Vintage processing -

Over the past year or so, I have noticed the new 'trend' of vintage processed wedding photography. It's even being used in general clothing advertising like Modcloth Overall, it's not my style though there are some photographers who I notice do it amazingly well, for example Gill Taylor Photography in Stafford. So much so that when I heard Gill was holding her first workshop on workflow and vintage processing in January past, I attended.... quick smart! But more about that later!

Since her workshop, the first 2 weddings from this year have been very vintage inspired in their details, dresses, even venues. So I have had a play with some of the vintage actions from Gill.


I would love to know what SWD brides think of the vintage processing in wedding photography.

Does it only fit vintage styled weddings, or can it be applied to each and every wedding. For me I shall be offering the option to my brides from now on, in that they can have their album processed as I normally processed which is fun, funky, colourful or the vintage style.

What are your thoughts?

Here are some examples;

NMP processed;
Vintage processed;
NMP processed;
Vintage processed;
NMP processed;Vintage processed;
Here is one from last year, a very Hollywood styled wedding.

NMP processed;
Vintage processed (and cropped);
Would love to know what the 2011 bride-to-be thinks of the vintage style processing in wedding photography today, on this thread!

No comments:

Nikki McLeod Photography

Nikki McLeod Photography
tel 01383 821498