Friday, June 03, 2011

"bobbing around" - Personal trip in & around Oban; part one

I was in the Oban area recently for a fantastic wedding. On the way home, I had some time to myself and did my usual; sightseeing and photo-taking.

As per usual with Scotland, the weather was driech and wet...... I took a drive along the Ardchattan road to Bonawe.  Even in the rubbish weather, the scenery is amazing.










The wedding was held the same week we had the horrendous tornado-style winds; it was easy to find destruction left by the storm all over the place.



I ended up back at one of my favourite places in the world; the Falls of Lora area at Connel. Many happy childhood holidays were held here with my parents and brother, and I have already taken my own family up to this beautiful area.

The Falls are really quite freaky to watch, all little whirlpools on what looks like a flat river but when the tide level drops, amazing currents and waves come, ideal for kayakers.






Bluebells amass everywhere!




More tomorrow!

No comments:

Nikki McLeod Photography

Nikki McLeod Photography
tel 01383 821498