Sunday, September 10, 2006

Lisa and Colin's wedding


Lisa and Colin were lucky to have a glorious day for their wedding; and Lisa was just stunning in her halterneck dress. I loved the colour of her brother's bedroom wall, when she was getting into her dress; it gave me some funky natural but contemporary shots! I love it when I can get shots like these without actually having to pose anyone, these shots for me are always cool!



I always say to my couples that despite what you may think, you don't actually want a REALLY sunny day on your wedding day. From a photographic point of view, it gives you harsh shadows and makes people squint, so especially for the group formals you have to find shadowed areas. But when it comes to the bridal portraits, I like to work with the sun (when we get it!) rather than against it, and I knew when I saw the length of Lisa's veil that I was gonna pull a cool shot out of the bag! Note to future brides; I LOVE LONG VEILS!



A great party was held at night and fantastic photographic results are in order! Enjoy Mexico, guys!

No comments:

Nikki McLeod Photography

Nikki McLeod Photography
tel 01383 821498