Sunday, July 29, 2007

Caroline & Derek's wedding

It's been a couple of weeks since my last wedding, due to a cancelled wedding. So it was nice to get back into a fantastic wedding yesterday in Edinburgh.

The weather has been soooooo unpredictable recently, and my health has been poor thanks to tonsilitis. But I pulled myself out of my sick bed to meet Caroline & Derek for the first time on Friday, and what a lovely couple they were. Getting the troops over from Ireland for their city wedding was no mean feat, but the hard work was well deserved as the day went perfectly. And the weather also was being good, we couldnt have asked for better!

Caroline looked amazingly regal in her Amanda Wyatt 'sand' coloured dress, it was stunning! And Derek looked no bad himself either in his smart suit. And their young son Bobby just stole the show, what a cutie.
The couple chose the stunning riverside city centre venue of the Edinburgh Menzies Belford Hotel for their big day; this was a new one on me and a great hidden gem. Such a peaceful riverside venue, you couldn't imagine that the city centre is just minutes away.
We also popped over to the Dean Gallery for a couple of shots with it's great architecture.
And even though Caroline said she didn't want too many "posed" photos, I had to ask her to do this pose for me, this funky chair, fabulous lighting and Caroline looking stunning, was just screaming out for this shot!

Thanks guys for allowing me to be part of your special and stunning day, it was an honour to shoot your wedding and meet your lovely families. Have a great time in New York, and big kisses to Bobby!

No comments:

Nikki McLeod Photography

Nikki McLeod Photography
tel 01383 821498