Saturday, September 22, 2007

Fiona and Steven's wedding

When Fiona and Steven booked their wedding for St Annes Church in Edinburgh, and their reception at Balbirnie in Fife, they did not invisage the Forth Road Bridge having it's lenghty roadworks on their wedding day.

But there was roadworks, there were delays, but there was also a gorgeous bride and her handsome groom just appreciating the day for what it was...........fab!

Fiona looked stunning as she was about to enter the church with her brother; the wind played lovely havoc with her veil! St Annes is a stunning venue; and the minister was very kind to allow me to shoot some images during the ceremony, which she normally doesn't do; in her words "a dancing photographer totally put me off once, so no cameras at all from now on!" The joys of a recce means that I can speak very nicely to the minister and promise her that I won't "dance" and therefore I am allowed to get shots like this; if only all ministers were like her (and all photographers were like me.......)See, when you don't get to shoot the ceremony, you miss wonderful moments like this; a guest reaction just after the first kiss! It turned REALLLLLLLY sunny as the couple exited the church and of course, all churches seem to have south facing main doors right into the sun! So I just cranked down the exposure on the camera, and this is pretty much how it came out straight from the camera!
Some girls just don't see how beautiful they are. When I met Fiona for the first time at the recce (I was booked sight unseen after Fiona seen my work from her work collegue Sally's wedding) I could see straight away her stunning eyes. Like most women, Fiona could only see her faults and didn't believe me when I told her she looked gorgeous! I showed her this image seconds after I shot it, from the back of the camera; she then believed what I was saying...Shooting from the motorway on the way to Balbirnie, I could see the flower girl Lara had decided the roadworks were too boring and fell asleep....
And before the guest bus arrived, I managed some time alone with the newlyweds around the grounds of Balbirnie.
It's always special for me to shoot at Balbirnie, having got married there myself 8 years ago.
Stunning huh?And the mums are gorgeous too! Here is the Mother of the Groom.
The Mother of the Bride....The cute bridesmaid Lara....Infact, all the ladies were just gorgeous. The bride and her sisters all possess the most amazing eyes; it truely was a beautiful wedding to shoot.And as the newlyweds and their guests were tucking into their Cock-a-leekie, I used the remaining light to capture the beauty of the georgian manor house that is Balbirnie.
Enjoy Mexico guys. Again, a bit more on the blog than usual, as the newlyweds won't get to see the finished results until end of October, due to me being out of the country.

No comments:

Nikki McLeod Photography

Nikki McLeod Photography
tel 01383 821498