Saturday, September 29, 2007

NMP hits the front cover!!!!!!!!!


In the cut-throat industry of wedding photography, you always have to be the best you can be; but as long as your clients are happy, then great, yeah? Well, yes at the end of the day, my clients are the most important part of the job; without them, I would have no weddings to photograph!!

But it is always nice to get some recognition in the industry, whether it be awards in competitions, or your images in print.

The "Scottish Wedding Directory" is THE bible for Scottish brides. For 12 years, the SWD has been at the forefront of wedding planning magazines in the country; I even used it myself when I got married 8 years ago! EVERY bride in Scotland will have bought at least one copy of the magazine during their planning!

Over the past three years, the amazing people at SWD have added a sister issue; "Real Life Weddings"; a beautiful read of Scotland's beautiful weddings. With the amazing talent in Scottish wedding photography, it is VERY difficult to get even a small feature in this magazine, so I was over the moon when Lynne and John's Balbirnie wedding in 2003 was featured in the launch issue of RLW in 2004.

But today, I have had all my dreams and wishes come true; not only have Jen and Jon been featured in the latest issue of RLW, I GOT THE FRONT COVER!!!!!! When my idols like Gordon McGowan get the front cover in this magazine, it is well deserved as he is the cream of the crop, the top of the mountain, and someone at the level of recognition we all aspire to be at.
But this time, it was little ol' me that got the front cover, with a stunning photo of Jen and Jon in St Salvatores Chapel in St Andrews!! This was followed up with an EIGHT page spread of their wedding, featuring THIRTY ONE images from the wedding!

I was screaming with joy this morning, when my copy came through the letterbox! Even Jack joined me in the celebration!

I am just gobsmacked, excited, amazed, all the words in the world that say how over the MOON I am, to be a front cover photographer!!

Thanks to all at SWD for seeing some talent in my work, and thinking it good enough for their magazine and front cover

But extra special thanks go to Jen and Jon, for being the model couple, for actually paying me to photograph their wedding! It's funny to read their article and see them saying they tried to negotiate on prices with a lot of their wedding, but they never asked me for a discount of any kind; I am not one for giving discounts anyway, I just work extra hard for my couples!!

Jen and Jon's album can be viewed here at "Best of the Best"

1 comment:

M McCown said...

Nikki
This is fantastic and well deserved. These images are beautiful and I am not surprised you got the cover!
Marnie
(a blog stalker from the States)

Nikki McLeod Photography

Nikki McLeod Photography
tel 01383 821498