Sunday, May 18, 2008

Isla & Stuart's wedding - Balgonie Castle & Balbirnie House

It is always nice to go back to venues that are special; Balbirnie is always special to me having got married there myself nearly 9 years ago.

It is also special to photograph weddings for people that have already played a part in my life before I started the business 8 years ago - this was the case with Isla who I worked with, many many years ago.

Isla and Stuart are a gorgeous couple in all senses of the word; daft about each other as well as in themselves, he even proposed up a mountain, as stated on the back of the table name of the top table! After a gorgeous wedding at Balgonie Castle, it was back to Balbirnie for a laugh and a cuddle!
One important guest of honour was Fluke the dog.
The father/daughter speech always gets me, this moment straight after dad finished his speech is just adorable!And a romantic first dance to finish a glorious day!
With many thanks to Chris for his assistance on the day, and proving the entertainment for the kids by the look of this image!
If you would like to see the complete portfolio of images from this wedding, when it is released online (the couple will see them first on return from honeymoon), email me on nikki@nikkimcleodphotography.com with the groom's surname and bride's maiden name in the email, and I can send you the password when it is released.
Some wedding details;
Wedding venue; Balgonie Castle
Band; Big Night Out
Bride’s dress & Bridesmaids dresses; bought at Butterflies in Edinburgh
Stationery: bride made herself with calligraphy by her 90 year old uncle
Phew, blogging on the day is hard work! But needs must as I jump on a plane tomorrow for a trip to Paris with an amazing Australian photographer who is going to teach me how to take even more amazing images!!

No comments:

Nikki McLeod Photography

Nikki McLeod Photography
tel 01383 821498