Sunday, May 04, 2008

Katie & Keith's wedding - St Mary Magdalene's Church & Invercarse Hotel, Dundee

Well I am on a blogging roll just now, so I may as well blog yesterday's wedding too!! And what a cracker it was!!

Katie & Keith are my kinda couple; lovely personalities, good-looking, so in love with each other, and totally "into" photography. They knew that in order to get the photography I show on the website and blog, and in my sample albums, I need some time with them alone. At the recce, we decided that this would be best done in their church which is so beautiful.

Aye and the groom's no bad looking either.....
And as for katie's girls..... wow when they turned up, I thought they were going to upstage Katie on her big day, stunning, stunning, stunning....I love this photojournalistic image, the last moment with her dad before she walks down the aisle....
But guess what, Katie was............... an angel almost!I love this image too, quite cool in tones compared to what I normally shoot, but I just love it.....I mean, come on, isn't this just a beautiful young lady...........? I absolutely loved her Ronald Joyce dress.Aye he's still no badlooking either............ But again, look at these lassies; aren't they just like something of a page of Vogue?! I said at the start that they valued the photography.....this really hit home when the starter was just about to served at the wedding breakfast and Keith approached me..

"Nikki, I don't think I have ever seen Katie look so stunning, and I want to make sure there is as many pictures of her as possible, is there somewhere else in the hotel we can take some more?"

I was gobsmacked!! Not only was the meal just about to be served, but here was a couple that actually wanted MORE of a couples session!!!!! And as if I would say no!! This is my favourite part of the day!

And you know what, I ended up getting the best images of the day, in this 5 minute shoot!



And aren't these guys just the cutest?!

Enjoy Thailand guys, see you on your return.

And thanks to Stefan for being my assistant for the day!

If you would like to see the complete portfolio of images from this wedding, when it is released online (the couple will see them first on return from honeymoon), email me on nikki@nikkimcleodphotography.com with the groom's surname and bride's maiden name in the email, and I can send you the password when it is released.

Some wedding details;

Wedding ceremony venue; St Mary Magdalene's Church, Dundee

Ceremony venue; Invercarse Hotel, Dundee

Bride's dress; designed by Ronald Joyce, bought from The Wedding Shop, Colchester

Flowers; POD Flowers and Stucio and Waow Flowers, Dundee
Transport; Chauffeurs of Carnoustie
Bridesmaids dresses; designed and bought at Coast
Make-up; Chanel
Hair; Bruce Sutherland, Newport on Tay
Stationery: the bride
Cake; Scrumptious Cakes, Dundee

2 comments:

M McCown said...

Nikki, These are wonderful! As usual, your work shines but the shots of the bridal couple are incredible. Well done!!!

Melanie East said...

Fantastic work here Nikki - they will be thrilled I am sure.

Nikki McLeod Photography

Nikki McLeod Photography
tel 01383 821498