Saturday, July 05, 2008

Emma & James' wedding - St Margarets Church Gorebridge & Melville Castle Edinburgh

I had been really looking forward to this wedding since meeting with Emma, as she told me that her hubby-to-be had surprised her with booking a horse and carriage for the big day! In 8 years, this was to be the first horse & carriage I was to photograph at a wedding! Since meeting Emma, I have found out that another 2 of my weddings this year are also including this beautiful mode of transport at their weddings, and one of those directly because of Emma's wedding! Why? I shall explain later!

Though originally from the area Emma now lives down south and did all her planning long distance, mainly through the internet. The weather was it's usual bizarre self, changing literally within seconds from rain to sun. But lucky the rain stayed off for the arrival of the bride & her father with 2 gorgeous gray horses pulling the vintage carriage.

It was wonderful to watch them leave the church and trot through Gorebridge and down the main carriageway. This is one of my favourite shots of the day of the handsome Josh & Issac.
I make no apology for concentrating on the couples session for this blog entry, we had such a blast at Melville Castle's gates with the horse and carriage.
We even stopped halfway up the driveway as by this time, the light was just gorgeous, peaking through the trees. How about this for stunning light..?
And just before we reached the castle, I expermented with some off camera flash.And as the guests were sitting down for the meal, we found some wonderful pockets of light around the castle for some last minute smooching!
Onto the pre-meal speeches and I think all the boys were quite nervous about this. And here I don't think Emma liked what her father was saying!
But she was soon smiling again!Her gorgeous bridesmaid Danna came over from the States for her first Scottish wedding, I think she quite enjoyed the various sights!The Best Man needed a topup for his speech though!
All in all, a fun day all round, and I hope you enjoyed Wales Emma and James.
Many thanks to Ross for assisting me on the day.
ETA: Forgot to finish my story; I have been wanting to shoot a wedding with a horse and carriage for.........YEARS! This year seems to be my year for them now. After I found out that Emma was getting one as a surprise, I then found out that my wedding in Surrey in August also has one. And then.....last week I got a phone call from the Mother of the Bride of my August Arran wedding. That shot at the beginning, my favourite shot, I apparently was outside this MOB's house when I took it; she recognised me as I shot her other daughter's wedding a couple of years ago! Long story short is, she loved the look of the horse and carriage that she was checking with me if it would be okay to book one for her daughter's wedding in Arran, as she imagined the photos would look cool with one!! Oh YES I said! Cool!!
If you would like to see the complete portfolio of images from this wedding, when it is released online (the couple will see them first on return from honeymoon), email me on nikki@nikkimcleodphotography.com with the groom's surname and bride's maiden name in the email, and I can send you the password when it is released.
Vendor’s information
Reception venue; Melville Castle Edinburgh
Cake; Sweet Unique, Edinburgh
Transport; Platinum Limos and the horse & carriage by Carriages for All Occasions
Band; Lee Live
Bride’s dress; bought at Emma Roy
Bridesmaids dress; bought in Santa Barbara, USA
Make-up; Louise Dewar
Hair; Heidi @ Patersons S A, Dalkeith
Stationery: Paper Lace, Dalkeith

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the photo's are stunning - laura

Nikki McLeod Photography

Nikki McLeod Photography
tel 01383 821498