Tuesday, July 15, 2008

FREEDOM!

I don't tend to put too much of my personal life on this blog, but today is such a big important day for me and NMP that I just had to record it for history's sake!

NMP is now 8 years old and while I have been building up NMP to the high standards and great reputation it now brings, I have continued to work in the veterinary and animal care profession around the country.

At the young age of 18 leaving school, I was choosing between animals and art; working in kennels or going to art school. I chose animals. From a lowly kennelmaid earning £50 a week in 1991 in Skipton, Yorkshire, onto various kenneling positions then into veterinary nursing, firstly in Kinross, then onto other places like Glasgow and Glenrothes, through to the high heights of Head Nurse of Inglis Veterinary Centre in Dunfermline, in 2003. But after having Jack in 2004, having 26 weddings, my busiest year to date, and also starting boudoir photography too in the same year, it was just too much and I started to wind down in the nursing aspect of my career, moving into the management side of things at Inglis, finally over the past 7 months working just a day and a half as Insurance Manager.

Now as Summer 2008 is in full swing, there is another 26 weddings on the books, many portrait sessions and a nearly 4 year old and a husband to look after; it was time to make the leap off the cliff into full time self employment.......

So I sit here in the branch surgery of Inglis Veterinary Centre, with my last couple of hours in the veterinary profession, I raise a virtual glass to all I have met in the profession young and old, human and animal. Thank you for the last 18 crazy years! CHEERS!

The great thing for NMP is I can now commit all my working hours to the business, providing even better service as a fully qualified, full time, friendly, female, fun photographer!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nikki you have the talent to be a huge success. A big pat on the back for making the leap. All the best Kim

Anonymous said...

WELL DONE YOU!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wish you all the best and success for the future.Laura and dinky xxx

Nikki McLeod Photography

Nikki McLeod Photography
tel 01383 821498