Thursday, July 02, 2009

Lyn & Paul's wedding, New York City - part one

Being recommended by a previous client is a wonderful feeling. Being told at a wedding by a bridesmaid that "whenever I get married, you'll be photographing the wedding" is a fabulous feeling. Being paid to photograph said bridesmaid's wedding in New York is a feeling that is out of this world!

I remember Lyn & Paul from Emma & Colin's wonderful Orocco Pier wedding several years ago and was honoured when Lyn booked me for their big Edinburgh wedding this coming August. Lyn even moved the date of the wedding by 2 weeks, as when she went to book me, I was already booked for her date!

At the turn of the year, events changed and the Edinburgh wedding turned into the possibility of a New York wedding. I joked to Lyn that I would happily go to NYC to shoot the wedding...... 3 hours later and my flights and accommodation are booked - I AM going to New York City to photograph Lyn & Paul's wedding!!

After so much planning (and a lot of hassle - more on that later!) I found myself last week leaving on a jet plane for the city that never sleeps!

After a lovely first evening off, meeting up with my mum and dad who happened to be on holiday at the same time, and then meeting up with old friends Jess and Jer, I spent the first full day scouting out places for the post wedding shoot. The weather hadn't been that great, but we were hoping that come the wedding day, all would be fine.

I joined the girls on the wedding morning, at the Blow Bar on Lexington Avenue.
The girls were pampered and preened...
Lyn said she felt like a beauty queen at a pageant!

No comments:

Nikki McLeod Photography

Nikki McLeod Photography
tel 01383 821498