Friday, May 25, 2007

Jen and Jon's "Bliss" session

"Bliss" session? Yeah well, it's a "Bling" session but AFTER the wedding!


"Bling" sessions are engagement sessions done obviously before the wedding, where my couples get to know how I work them in front of the camera. But last year, one of my brides asked if she could do the session AFTER the wedding, back in her dress, with her dogs! YEAH of course! and it was fun!


And it made me think that maybe some couples who have booked the Ultimate packages would prefer their session after the wedding, when they are all tanned and loved up, and not so nervous about the big day. And that's what Jen and Jon wanted.


After a superb day in St Andrews at the beginning of the month, and a wonderful honeymoon in the Maldives, the pair killed 2 birds with one stone and came back to the studio for a "Bliss" session as well as viewing the finished results from their wedding day photography. Bride, groom, Mother of the Bride AND the photographer were all in tears watching the slideshow and seeing the emotion come back to life from a fantastic day. 833 images! Yes you saw that right, EIGHT HUNDRED AND THIRTY THREE images!! I have NEVER shot a wedding with that many images, but I have never shot a wedding from 9am till midnight before (my latest before that was a Balbirnie wedding, 11am till 10pm!) But it was worth every second for Jen and Jon's wedding, and all 833 images are now available to view on the proofing section of the main website.


After the crying stopped (and the sun wasnt so cruel!) we ventured out for the "Bliss" session! Now I have had ideas in my head for these sessions that really have been waiting for the right couple to come along, and this was the couple, and they were up for everything I asked of them! We visited the local shopping centre, we went down the beach, they rolled in the sand, they did piggy-backs, Jen and Jon were just amazing!


Here is a few of today's images;


This couple are beautiful on the inside as well as the outside and it has been an honour to know them and their families. And I am right there whenever the first Bird baby drops from the sky whenever that may be; I know it will be as beautiful as it's parents!

No comments:

Nikki McLeod Photography

Nikki McLeod Photography
tel 01383 821498