Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Gillian & Peter's wedding - Inchcolm Abbey and Orroco Pier, South Queensferry

The last of the triple header weekend weddings was one I was thoroughly looking forward to.....

I have always wanted to shoot at the Abbey on Inchcolm Island, so when Gillian and Peter travelled from Sheffield to meet and possibly book me, I was swithering between a great wedding or a lie in my bed after 2 busy weddings!

But I just had to do it; a stunning looking couple and an amazing venue.

Granted, the first time I visited the island with the couple for a recce, I didn't see it in it's best light - horizontal rain, gale force winds and seasickness all round almost!

Fortunately the sun shone on their wedding day, and even the seals came out to see us as we sailed by on the Maid of the Forth, with Gillian and her girls stashed away in the captain's quarters!

Once on the island, the ceremony went without a hitch (except the hitching of two people together!) and the minister brought humour and fun to the seriousness of the day.

As there was so little time between the end of the ceremony and the boat leaving, Gillian and Peter chose that time soley for their couples session around the island and Abbey, I was in heaven!

The party got started on the way back to South Queensferry, as we all basked in the sun.

Onto Orocco Pier and the speeches were hilarious; mankini's, "McMum" a duet by the Best Man and the Groom and more!

Gillian and Peter, it was a pleasure to shoot your wedding, I am glad I chose not to lie in bed instead!

(I am slideshowing the next few weddings, as it is a quicker option than blogging individual images, and I know there are people DESPERATE to see some images!)





Vendor information
Wedding venue; Inchcolm Abbey, Firth of Forth
Reception venue; Orocco Pier, South Queensferry
Transport; Maid of the Forth, South Queensferry
Florist; Absolutely Blooming
Bride's Dress by Kula Tsurdiu
Bridesmaids' dresses by Dessy
Men's outfits by Slater Menswear

No comments:

Nikki McLeod Photography

Nikki McLeod Photography
tel 01383 821498