Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Meaghan & Brent's wedding - Falkland Palace & Garvock House, Dunfermline

When Meaghan and Brent came to meet me with a view to photographing their wedding I was really hoping they would choose me - a stunning couple at a stunning venue. So I was really excited to get their booking, especially as I had always wanted to shoot a wedding at Falkland Palace.

On the day, I could not believe how relaxed Meaghan was, especially in front of the camera. Then I remembered.... her own father is a photographer, very evident with the excellent array of photographs of the family around the house. And all credit must go to the Father of the Bride, for not only producing a gorgeous daughter in looks and personality, but for giving her the confidence and know-how in how to work it in front of the lens; Meaghan was so easy to photograph throughout the whole day, it was amazing! The Chapel Royal in the Palace is just breathtaking; even though the weather was great on the day, I had to take the newlyweds back in for a few shots in the Chapel itself.I make no apology for using this blog post to highlight the couples session; by giving me so much time alone with the two of them, I was able to capture so many amazing shots of the newlyweds in and around the Palace grounds.
Stunning, stunning eyes...............The last shot is my ultimate favourite of the day; my "heaven" on a wedding day; beautiful bride, long veil, windy day, stunning venue.........

And I think both of them had a ball - here is an email I received just days after the wedding"
"Hi Nikki
Not sure if you have ever had an email from a couple on their honeymoon before but Brent and I just wanted to thank you for last Friday when you shot our Wedding at Falkland Palace and Garvock House.
You made me feel so calm and I think the shots that you did were brilliant (even though we only saw 6 or 7!!!) Everyone was talking about them for days afterwards!! My Mum even noted that it was like you were a part of the family!!!!
We will be logging onto the blog from Mexico to see some of the final snaps! Cant wait!!
So thank you again - we cannot wait to see the rest of the photos and remember our special day!
Thanks Nikki and see you soon.
Love Mr & Mrs H!!!
AKA Meaghan & Brent!!!!!!!"
Hope this whets your appetite, I'll see you soon in order to show you the rest!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely stunning photos!! What an amazing collection that definitely captured the emotions of the day. I'm so glad Meaghan and Brent chose you Nikki!!

p.s. do you ever shoot in Canada? ;)

Nikki McLeod Photography

Nikki McLeod Photography
tel 01383 821498