Sunday, May 13, 2012

Anita & Grant's pre-wedding shoot

How did you find your best friend? At primary school? High School? Work?

This is the story of how I found mine......

You will have already read about the amazing day I photographed for Gillian and Mark in St Andrews, as winners of my 2010 "Win your Wedding Day Photography" competition.

One of the finalists, Anita had this story.....

Hi Nikki,

Just found you on the SWD Forum looked at your website and found that I could win you for my wedding *yay*
Why should I win?


Eight years ago Grant and I met online. I was still studying in Germany (I’m from Berlin) and was looking for pen pals in Scotland because I always loved Scotland even though I had never been and wanted to know more about life here.
Grant was one of the more mature guys to answer my post and we soon got chatting.
After a few weeks we were totally in love and 3 month later I came to Scotland to meet Grant for the first time.
My mum was having a blue fit because not only was I going abroad to meet some stranger…..but said stranger was also 14 years older than me (and only 5 years my mums senior *giggle*)

The second he picked me up at the airport I knew he was “The One” and he felt the same for me.
The following month he came to Berlin to meet my mum and dad who fell in love with him too so we got their blessing and three month later I decided to leave my home….family…friends…work (and country come to that) to be with the man I love.

I haven’t looked back since J

We have been through a few bad times, we have tried for a baby for a while but I have lost 3 so far so we have given up just now…for a wee while anyway to help us heal really.
Shortly after the third one Grant proposed to me in the beautiful gardens of Crathes Castle and I couldn’t ever have said anything but “AYE” I think he thought it was time to get my mind onto happier things J So we are fully concentrating on our wedding and have just this Saturday booked Barcaldine Castle for our venue...we just blew half our budget on my dream venue..a gorgeous castle but Grant said I deserve my dream to come true..now we need a great photographer to make this dream a lasting memory and after sacrificing so much to be with the man I love I think I deserve to have you document our union with wonderful photographs that will last long after the flowers have wilted and we are old and wrinkly, to show to our children and grandchildren what a wonderful day we had and that true love can overcome all sorts of obstacles and have a very happy ending indeed J

I soo hope to win you for our big day


Her story was fantastic, and I had to make them finalists for the competition, along with Gillian and Mark, and Claire and Adrian.

Anita didn't win, but decided to book me anyway for her big day. Looking back, since that competition, Anita has paid for every part of my photography services(wedding, boudoir, pre-wedding, post-wedding), bar two (bump and baby).... You saw a peek into her fabulous "breathless" boudoir session yesterday, and before the big day, they booked me for a pre-wedding shoot in the studio.

Here are some of the results....

















Anita chose this one to be printed, mounted and framed for the big day.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

beautiful work, as always!

Nikki McLeod Photography

Nikki McLeod Photography
tel 01383 821498