Sunday, May 06, 2012

Gillian & Mark's wedding, St Salvator's Chapel & College Halls, St Andrews - part seven

Now how about this for the ultimate in personalised exits!

As confetti is not allowed in St Salvator's, Gillian decided to find another way to make a grand exit from the chapel. Made from old fabric from the attic, like bits left over from hand-made high school prom dresses, and her mother's own wedding dress, Gillian and her mother made "yay" flags, which were given to the guests on the way out of the church. The newlyweds then proceeded to parade through the flags, while the guests waved the flags, it made for awesome images!

 This following  image is particularly special to the bride.

Gillian tells me; "Two friends crashed our wedding! Years ago, I had joked with them that if I ever got married, they would have to track down where the wedding was, and crash the wedding. I had totally forgotten about it, until I walked out of the chapel with my new husband, and spotted them waving "yay" flags. Nikki caught the exact moment I spotted them and I realised I would have to explain the pact to Mark, which was hilarious!











No comments:

Nikki McLeod Photography

Nikki McLeod Photography
tel 01383 821498