Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Canada/California trip part 6 - shooting with Judy and Ron in California

Just before we met up with Jessica, I was at a wedding the same day!!

I meet online so many professional wedding photographers, through a pro web forum I am on. I have been lucky enough to 2nd shoot with several top pros, around the world; Laura Novak in Delaware Philadelphia, Fides in Switzerland. I have also been lucky enough to have pros come shoot with me, Peggy Bair from Kansas came and shot with me at a local wedding, several Uk photographers have shot with me. It's such a great learning experience to work with others.


I was contacted by Judy who lives just east of Anaheim, and invited to "come and play" with her and her husband at a wedding they were shooting in their area, at the same time I was going to be around. So we travelled across country through the canyons to Riverside and I shot some fabulous images of Leah and Eric's wedding at the Mission Inn for Judy and Ron of Royal Photography, California.



It was an honour to come shoot with you guys, and watch you work, and get the feel of how you shoot a wedding in your style. Thanks to Eric and Leah for allowing me to be there, I am sure they will love the results.

We travelled from Riverside down to Laguna Beach for our time with Jessica after the wedding and saw a number of fire engines on the way, thought nothing of it. When we left Laguna Beach that evening, just 4 hours after coming down the canyon freeway, we found it closed off, due to the wildfires that permiated the area. To think that just a few hours earlier, we were passing through an area that by night fall, was lit up like a huge bonfire. I was driving so couldn't take any images but it was a sight that will be quite literally burned into my memory forever.

No comments:

Nikki McLeod Photography

Nikki McLeod Photography
tel 01383 821498