Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Canada/California trip part 7 - The McLeods on Vancouver Island

The last part of our trip was to get back to Vancouver, then get on a ferry over to Vancouver Island, and then travel to the West Coast of the island and stay at a 5 star hotel and spa that I have ALWAYS wanted to stay at. And the Wickinninnish Inn did not disappoint.......

Jack enjoyed the ferry ride over

The scenery on the way to Tofino was amazing, I was taking pictures from the car (I wasn't driving!) but I did have to stop occasionally, to get right into the scenery..

We all thought the drive over was pretty tough going..

But soooo worth it when we got there!

Jack and I had an amazing time on Chesterman Beach while Daddy went for a massage in the Spa.

We even had a little impromtu portrait session in the hotel lobby when the rain suddenly rolled in for a minute or two.

But the rain didn't last for long, and we were soon back out onto the amazing beaches.

Daddy then took over the Jack-watching, while I had a hydro elixir in the Spa. Sitting in a dressing gown outside with your feet in a warm foot bath, listening to the water crashing against the rocks just feet from you, as the sun goes down, before being totally pampered............... heaven.

Again if you are bored, here is a slideshow of some of the shots I took during our time on Vancouver Island.



All in all, we had the most amazing trip. We saw so many wonderful sights, met so many amazing people, and I took too many photographs!!

My thanks go to all those wonderful photographers I met on the trip, please keep in touch all of you.

And to finish with, two of my favourite shots taken on the trip by myself; first Jack on the Vancouver Island ferry

and secondly the view from Lonsdale Quay of the Vancouver skyline. Until next time, Vancouver.....

No comments:

Nikki McLeod Photography

Nikki McLeod Photography
tel 01383 821498